Il Centro Community Garden Membership ($10 one-time fee) is required for all applicants.
Please consider the 2 types of community gardening offered this season:
Allotment Garden Plots
- $40/season for 4’ x 10’ x 2’ raised wicking bed
- 40 plots available for rent
- Plot renters are able to renew their plots seasonally
- Number of beds available will depend on how many returning gardeners there are from the previous season
- Gardeners are required to maintain their plots autonomously with the organic community gardening guidelines
Communal Gardens are intended to allow gardeners to share in both the responsibility and the bounty of the garden.
- $40/season for participation in the communal garden bed(s)
- Allows opportunities to have first time gardeners work alongside more experienced gardeners
- Flexibility with schedules
Communal gardeners agree to commit a minimum of 3-4 hours per month to the garden, to work cooperatively with other gardeners, and responsibly share the garden harvest.
Philosophy and Impact of the Garden
Il Centro Community Garden (ICCG) is a place for our community to grow: to grow food and our connection to one another and our neighbours. Our garden and programs strive to:
- Celebrate growing food and eating it!
- Explore our diverse cultural backgrounds and stories; promoting multi-cultural and intergenerational connections.
- Connect and share the Italian Cultural heritage and tradition of growing and sharing food.
- Foster civic pride.
- Nurture a passion for gardening.
- Inspire sharing, cooperation, and team work.
- Promote sustainability, biodiversity and a healthy ecosystem.
- Develop skills and techniques to grow and cook healthy food.
To join our Community Garden please fill in the application below, once the application is received you can expect to be contacted by our Garden Coordinator to confirm your plot and process payment: