POSITION: The Italian Cultural Centre is seeking one part-time Receptionist/Clerk to join our team.
HOURS: Mon-Thu 4PM-8PM & Sat 9AM-1PM
Rate of Pay: $14 – $15 an hour
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
Founded in 1977, the Italian Cultural Centre’s mission is “to promote Italian language, culture and heritage and to share these with other communities”. Created by volunteers, with financial support from the Province of BC and the City of Vancouver, the Centre serves as a vital reference and focal point for the Lower Mainland’s Italian Canadian Community. “Il Centro” has operated for over 40 years and presents a broad spectrum of cultural programming, events and activities on an annual basis.
Il Centro is looking for energetic, self-motivated individuals that work well in a team environment. Part time hours include evenings from 4pm-8pm, Saturdays from 9am-1pm and occasional on-call availability for day shifts. Flexibility is preferred. You enjoy making a difference and being part of a team in a fast-paced office. Successful candidates will demonstrate outstanding multi-tasking and organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail. Prior administrative and customer service experience is not required, but is desirable. Training will be provided to the right candidates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers and field incoming calls and emails in a professional manner
- Connect customers with the correct team members
- Perform invoicing, data entry, and various misc. administrative duties
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails and mail-outs
- Process payments and refunds and provide advice and support for sales as required
- Register new students, collect payment and provide invoices to students and parents
- Provide support to Executive Assistant or other team members as required/directed
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Oversee the order and delivery of office supplies
- Act as the lead scheduler for maintenance and reception staff
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional telephone and email etiquette with a focus on providing superior customer service
- Professional demeanour and attire
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to think on your feet, stay organized under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects accurately and effectively
In addition, the following qualifications and experience are considered assets:
- Previous administrative or customer service experience
- Good working knowledge of Italian
- Proficiency in Google G Suite
For more information on this job posting and to apply please follow this link:
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.