Job Title: Janitor
Hours: Full-time, Part-time, and Temporary
Salary: $16 – $19 per hour
Report to: Financial Controller
Il Centro’s is seeking experienced janitorial staff for both full time and part time positions to maintain property and parking structures. The work environment is fast paced with tight deadlines; the ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize is essential, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Collect and remove all recycling and garbage from different areas in the building.
- Clean building floors, sweeps, dust, mops and scrubs especially all common washrooms.
- Able to operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Clean, dust and wipe all furniture and fixtures
- Ensure health and safety regulations and standards are followed and maintained
- Refill all paper supplies as needed
- Set up of tables, chairs for our banquet and meetings functions.
- Clean and wash windows, interior walls, stairs and ceilings by using sweep, mop and scrub etc.
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
- Make sure of clean and disinfect of washrooms and fixtures
- Make adjustments and minor repairs of tools, equipment etc.
- May cut grass and water to plants
- Perform other related duties as required on job routines.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be flexible and accept assignments on short notice
- Must respond to emergency situations
- Up to one (1) year experience in custodial/janitor work
- Minimum of housekeeping and janitorial experience
- Building Service Worker Certificate an asset
- Basic knowledge of English
- Completion of secondary school is assets
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for supervisor references (phone numbers and email addresses)
Candidates must be available to work Monday to Sunday for any shifts (e.g. day, afternoon or graveyard shift). Please note that majority of the shifts are afternoon (6:00 am to 2:30pm), (7:00 am to 3:30pm), (5:00 pm to 12:30am), and (3:30pm to 10:30pm).
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their cover letter and resume to: Irada Yuzbayova – Financial Controller
We will contact short-listed applicants that we are interested in interviewing.