Department: Executive Management
Supervisor’s Title: ICC President/Board
Purpose of the role:
The Italian Cultural Centre (ICC) seeks an Executive Director to take on an organizational leadership role overseeing operations including stakeholder relations and fundraising. A detailed job description follows.
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
The ICC thanks all applicants very much for their interest but will contact only shortlisted candidates. The posting will remain active until a suitable candidate is hired.
Leadership & Executive Management
- Provide operational and creative leadership to the staff, Board and the community. Articulate and implement a shared vision and programs that reflect the unique mission of the ICC and its potential impact in the Italian community and the community at- Evening and some weekend participation with programming and meetings is necessary in delivering the above and other requirements.
- Serve as the chief professional officer and leader responsible for development of the professional staff, administration, planning, program development and evaluation, community relations, fundraising, finance and marketing.
- Lead, motivate, supervise and evaluate a high-performance senior management team. Position current staff to match their unique skill sets and interests as well as the strategic priorities of the ICC. Provide ongoing supervision and guidance to staff members. Recruit and retain qualified professionals for open positions as needed.
- Set and advance a positive, success-oriented culture within the organization. Ensure that the ICC’s vision, values and brand are evident and consistent in every aspect of the organization, including its staff and programs
- Maintain a focus on proactive planning that will identify and take advantage of, or respond to, emerging trends and needs.
Finance, Administration, Operations
- Overall responsibility for fiscal management, systems and accurate reporting for the ICC. In conjunction with the senior management team and all departmental leaders, regularly evaluate the management and status of the ICC’s financial resources and procedures.
- In collaboration with the senior management team and all departmental leaders, develop a full business model and an administrative and operational plan for the ICC including human resources, finance, facility management, security and emergency preparedness.
- Work with staff and leadership to evaluate various membership models and other user models that will build broader connections to the Think creatively about how to develop other revenue streams, particularly fundraising, to support parts of agency programs that may not produce revenue but are core to its mission.
- Oversee research, evaluation and planning to ensure results oriented, cost-effective and successful programming and services.
- Lead and participate in strategic thinking about expanding use of ICC facilities as well as a strategy for outreach and community-building outside of the ICC facility
- Ensure that there is regular reporting to the Board and its appropriate committees on all issues related to the above.
- Direct the Board and staff processes for developing the ICC’s annual budget.
- Together with the President and its Executive, serve as a key spokesperson and representative for the ICC throughout the Italian Community, the community at large, with private and public funders and national and international Italian organizations.
- Fluency in spoken and written Italian is a necessity.
- Identify and promote opportunities to partner with and share resources with organizations throughout the Italian and general community.
- Have primary responsibility for communications – both written and oral (English and Italian) – regarding the ICC’s vision, values, programs, challenges and Play an active role in the creation of effective and exciting marketing materials, program guides and membership materials.
- Effectively manage any crisis that might arise using superior decision-making skills, in consultation with Board leadership and senior staff. Maintain open lines of communication with the Board, staff, members, community and media.
- Provide professional direction to the President, the Board and its committees and act as the primary liaison between ICC Board and staff.
- Work with the Board President to set objectives for the Board and its committees; plan Board and Executive Committee meetings and agendas; plan Delegate and Donor Member meetings and agendas
- Partner effectively with the Board and its committees to maximize their efforts and maintain a focus on the mission and vision for the ICC.
- Work with volunteer leadership to shape, focus and prioritize future plans and operations.
- Partner with the Board leadership to identify and recruit new board members.
- Lead the Board in its fundraising goals
- In concert with Senior Management and the Board, enhance routine fundraising efforts. Play a leadership and strategic role in marketing and fundraising campaign efforts including events, mailings, individual donor cultivation, and solicitation and planned giving.
- Work closely with the Board leadership, Senior Management and outside consultants on various campaigns to raise necessary funds for enabling the ICC to meet the current and anticipated future needs of the community, its members and users.
- Maintain a proactive approach in seeking and raising funds through relationship building with, and cultivation and stewardship of, current and prospective donors.
- Work to develop new revenue and funding opportunities to support new initiatives and program developments.
Program and Service Development
- Lead staff in setting goals about vision and programs in striving for program creativity and excellence.
- Communicate regularly with other organizations to seek collaboration and partnerships in program development.
- Work with staff to monitor program costs and effectiveness. Institute consistent methods of program evaluation that are appropriate to the mission of each activity.
- Ensure that programs are aligned with the ICC’s mission and community priorities.