Date & Time
- Dragée Workshop
July 15, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Master Chocolatier, Geoseph Domenichiello, will teach you the art of dragée. That is, coating nuts, seeds, and dried fruit in chocolate. The perfect munchies for your dinner guests. We will learn a very simple method that can be repeated at home.
- Learn to temper Dark & Milk Chocolate in a way that can be repeated at home, using the seeding method. There will also be a tabletop demo for tempering chocolate on granite or marble.
- A demo on how to candy your own almonds
- Prepare and coat a variety of foods including roasted almonds, coffee beans, cocoa beans, and dried fruit in dark and milk chocolate.
- We will package them in paper bags (or bring your own small containers/bags if you prefer)
- There will also be some cacao infused beer to enjoy with your creations!
- Recipes and instructions to take home will be included
Keep in mind we will using nuts and milk chocolate. Bring an apron or clothes you don’t mind getting cocoa powder & chocolate on.
Ticket sales close the day before the event.
No cash refunds are available for the cultural events, workshop & classes. With at least 7 days’ notice, we would be happy to provide a credit to use towards other workshops and selected Il Centro initiatives (please inquire). If you give us less than 7 days’ notice, we may be able to issue a credit if we can fill your seat from our waiting list, but there is no guarantee. No credit will be issued for no-shows: whether you are able to attend or not, the instructor still needs to be fairly compensated. All tickets are 100% transferable at any time – just provide your receipt to the person attending or let us know their name by phone or email.