Organizational Profile | Founded in 1977, the Italian Cultural Centre’s mission is “To promote and share Italian culture, values, and heritage with all communities” finds itself as the focal point for all things Italian to the Italo-Canadian community and those wanting to experience Italian in the lower mainland.
Adult Italian Language Instructors are responsible for teaching Italian language and culture classes based on the School program
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares a general course plan included in the School Curriculum (i.e., Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced).
• Assists in the Design and preparation of specialty courses (i.e., Conversation, Meraviglie d’Italia).
• Prepares a detailed lesson plan for each class.
• Delivers lessons in group or one-on-one settings.
• Provides availability for the following session for course assignment purposes.
• Marks student assignments.
• Keeps communication with students outside of class.
• Assesses students’ progress and guides them in their learning path.
• Takes part in Instructors’ meetings to coordinate the yearly School curriculum.
• Takes part in School events (i.e., Christmas Concert, Befana, Carnevale, Sports Day, year-end celebration)
• Takes part in meetings, seminars and workshops organized by the School Director to keep up-to-date with new teaching approaches
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Italian or similar discipline
• Native or near-native Italian language proficiency
• 2 years of experience in related field
• Excellent computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Zoom
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: $26.00-$35.00 per hour
Please, send your resume to the Director of the Italian School [email protected]
Adult and Children Italian Language Instructor